peel, trim the ends off and roughly chop the carrots- Inch size
peel and roughly chop the onion - Inch size
peel and slice the ginger thinly
8 medium carrots
1 medium sweet Vidalia onion
1 liter of organic chicken broth
1 inch piece of fresh ginger
1 can of full fat coconut milk 15oz (optional) 1 Tea spoon of sea salt Ghee or Grape see oil for sauté.
1. In a large heavy pot like stainless steal or iron
2. Add a table spoon of ghee or olive and put on medium heat.
3. Wait for about 30 seconds and add all the onion. ( don't allow it to smoke )
Allow the onion to cook on medium heat until it turns a little brown. Stirring periodically
4. Then add the carrot and ginger and allow it to turn a little brown. Stirring periodically
5. Add the chicken broth and simmer until all the vegetables are tender. About 20 -30 min
Add enough liquid to cover the vegetables.
Add the can of full fat coconut milk mix it into the soup.
When the soup is cooled Blend in your blender. ( do not blend very hot liquid )
enjoy with whole grain sprouted bread and butter or a side of whole grain like Brown rice.
Note. Soup will vary depending on the ingredients used and time of cooking. If there is too little or too much liquid you can adjust the consistence with water. Other root vegetables can be added like sweet potato, parsnip or butternut squash. Enjoy
Jannette Elliffe Food 4 Inner Health